Pure expands environmental analysis across its full product portfolio; Pure1 Sustainability Assessment introduced to help customers measure and manage their energy use
Pure Storage® (NYSE: PSTG), the IT pioneer that delivers the world’s most advanced data storage technology and services, has announced advancements in its sustainability efforts, helping customers dramatically reduce their energy use and environmental footprint.
Sustainability has been a part of Pure Storage’s DNA from its inception as a disruptive innovator in the storage industry. As sustainability and energy savings become increasingly critical to organizations around the globe, Pure is continuing to invest in helping customers achieve their environmental and energy reduction goals.
The new Pure1® Sustainability Assessment gives customers visibility on their environmental impact and proactively suggests optimization opportunities. Features include:
- Power savings analysis: Pure1 will show the power used compared to the appliance’s nominal power load. Customers can monitor power consumption efficiency for an entire fleet, by data center site, or at the individual array.
- Greenhouse gas emissions monitor: Pure1 provides direct carbon usage estimates based on power used.
- Assessment: Customers can use Pure1 to assess how to improve power efficiency by metering Watts per unit of data on the array that can be read back.
- Recommendations: Pure1 provides proactive insights and guidance on improving direct carbon footprint.
In addition to delivering new sustainability tools, Pure continues to advance its core products to be more sustainable. With the launch of the FlashBlade//S™ family of products, Pure is delivering more than double the power efficiency of previous versions. Because of unique design decisions – including Pure’s DirectFlash technology, built-for-flash software, always-on deep compression, and Evergreen™ architecture – both FlashBlade® and FlashArray™ can achieve energy savings unlike any competitive storage systems on the market.
Since reporting its first sustainability results in March 2022, Pure Storage has now performed use phase sustainability analyses following the Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) formula across its full portfolio of storage arrays, including the new FlashBlade//S. Pure delivers:
- 84.7% in direct energy savings vs. competitive all-flash for FlashArray//X™
- 80% in direct energy savings vs. competitive all-flash for FlashArray//XL™
- 75% in direct energy savings vs. competitive hybrid for FlashArray//C™
- 67% in direct energy savings vs. competitive legacy all-flash for FlashBlade//S
- 60% in direct energy savings vs. competitive upstart all-flash for FlashBlade//S
As a customer first organization, Pure Storage is focused on making a real and immediate impact in reducing customers’ environmental footprints.
“Our mission at Cengage Group is to make education attainable for all learners by delivering accessible and affordable digital education resources and solutions. Running our organization on Pure Storage FlashArray, FlashBlade, Pure1 and Evergreen//One™, has not only enabled us to significantly improve the storage performance and data accessibility needed to deliver on this mission, but it has also allowed us to save on space, power, and cooling. In fact, we’ve been able to reduce our overall storage footprint by 80% while doubling to tripling the performance of our previous storage systems.” — Jim Chilton, CIO, Cengage
“Pure FlashBlade has helped us make tremendous progress in NTU’s supercomputing projects. It has also freed up computing resources, and enabled us to optimize rack space usage, leading to improved power and cooling efficiencies. With Pure Evergreen//Forever™, we also foresee a positive environmental benefit by not having to undergo wholesale hardware changes during technology refreshes.” — Alvin Ong, CIO, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
“Pure FlashStack enabled us to easily handle increasing workloads to meet customer demands. Our rack also went from 12 to 3, reducing our power consumption from 5,000W to 1,100W. We are proud to achieve this incredible environmental impact.” — Hector Romero, Senior Systems Engineer, Barfoot & Thompson
For more information, visit:
- Blog: You Can Tell a Lot about a Company from its Sustainability Report
- Blog: Achieve Energy Savings with Pure1
- 2021 ESG Report: Technology and Sustainability
- Save Energy with Pure
- Customer Quote Sheet
About Pure Storage
Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) uncomplicates data storage, forever. Pure delivers a cloud experience that empowers every organization to get the most from their data while reducing the complexity and expense of managing the infrastructure behind it. Pure’s commitment to providing true storage as-a-service gives customers the agility to meet changing data needs at speed and scale, whether they are deploying traditional workloads, modern applications, containers, or more. Pure believes it can make a significant impact in reducing data center emissions worldwide through its environmental sustainability efforts, including designing products and solutions that enable customers to reduce their carbon and energy footprint. And with a certified customer satisfaction score in the top one percent of B2B companies, Pure‘s ever-expanding list of customers are among the happiest in the world. For more information, visit www.purestorage.com.