McDonald’s burger with fries contain 487 kCal whereas Starbucks’ Venti Caffe Mocha has 564 kCal!!
1. Skimmed Milk contains more sugar than Whole-Milk.
However,it has less fat and calories. If you are watching your sugar intake, we would recommend whole or semi-skimmed cow-milk.
2. Non-dairy milk options should be avoided
They contain added sugars. For example, a Tall Grande Coconut Latte has 10.5 of added sugar. This is more than 1/3 of your daily allowance (30g for non-diabetics). If you are vegan, almond milk would be a better option compared to soy, coconut, and oat (the latter being the worse).
3. Cappuccinos are better than Lattes
as they contain less milk, calories, fat and sugars.
4. Mochas, Chai lattes and hot chocolates are terrible as they contain lots of added sugar (22.0g for a grande semi-skimmed Mocha and 60.1g for a Venti Chai Latte!!).
5. Avoid beverages
Such as pumpkin spice latte; they generally have syrups that are high in sugar.
6. Choose black coffee
(3 calories for a grande filter coffee and 6 for an espresso) and add a splash a milk yourself.
7. If you are cutting on caffeine, have an infusion (not a tea), the ones sold in sachets.