If you aren’t already familiar with Instagram, let us get you acquainted. It isn’t just a platform where photo lovers come to share pictures of their mouthwatering breakfasts – it’s hands down one of the most powerful social media platforms on the planet. With a whopping 700 million monthly active users, Instagram is the place to be for just about everyone; from small business owners to photographers and everyone in between. The best part about this thriving channel? Anyone can use it!
But what do you do if your posts are falling through the cracks and you aren’t reaching your target audience? Don’t fret – there are plenty of ways to organically increase your engagement and reach more users! And we’ve got them right here.
Without further ado, these are our 8 pro tips to boost your Instagram account:
Pick the right content
Wondering what’s the first step you need to take to give your Instagram account a boost? Well, if you guessed content, then you’re right. When it comes to marketing on the Internet, content is king! That means no matter what type of small business you have, you need to focus on creating quality content for the right audience. If your biz is based on a service that’s not the most photogenic, have no fear – there are still zillions of ways your brand can take advantage of this visual social platform. Here are a few examples:
- Product – If you are stocked to the brim with food, art or clothing, then this is your time to shine! Start snapping away and make sure to show your product in a beautiful light.
- People or places – Run a hotel or yoga studio? Take pictures of your clients (with their consent) and post them enjoying your space.
- Behind the scenes – Give your following an exclusive look into your business and the people behind it. Let’s face it, your business is as much about the people you work with as the service you offer.
- Marketing – Who doesn’t love a sale? But it’s not a party if you don’t invite any guests. Make sure to give your audience a heads up! Give promo codes and run a flash sale to keep them coming back.
- Offer tips and inspiration – Posting quotes, advice and other forms of motivation is a great way to have fun with your clients. Just make sure the tone of the post is aligned with your brand.
Design a strong visual style
Think of Instagram as a digital magazine. Meaning, you should be posting content that shares a similar style or vibe. This way you can stand out in the feed and Instagram users will instantly recognize you. This can be achieved by doing one, some, or all of the following: post photos of the same subject, for example, if you’re a trainer stay on the topic of health and fitness. You can crop your images the same way, or use the same filter or color theme on all of your pictures.
If your brand already has a visual language make sure to bring all the aspects of your look and feel onto the folds of Instagram’s pages. This way your followers can get a clear idea of your brand’s identity. If you are just getting started, Instagram can be a great place to build and establish an ambiance for your biz.